Careers with Star Motors of Ottawa
We are always looking for employees to help us continue our legacy and provide the ultimate Mercedes-Benz experience for all of our customers. Our valued employees are the foundation for the outstanding reputation that has come to define us. Please feel free to contact us so that we may keep you in mind for future opportunities.
Body Shop Technician or Apprentice
Our Collision Centre is growing. We have an immediate opening for a Full-Time Body Shop Technician or Apprentice. Must have license or be registered as an apprentice already.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs work as outlined on estimate with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Prepares vehicles for body repair work and paint.
- Communicates with Body Shop Foreman or Lead Hand, if additional work is needed or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Notifies the Body Shop Manager or Service Advisor of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time.
- Individual must have strong personal work habits and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Effective communication and a desire to succeed in a Team environment is essential.
- Level 1 Security Clearance
- Valid drivers license with clean abstract required.
- Excellent compensation, benefits and continual training.
The person in this position is the first point of contact for our customer and therefore creates the first impression of our brand. Because of this, the Sales Receptionist plays a very important role in the satisfaction of our customers. This role contributes to the operational efficiency of the sales department and to positive CSI results by promptly and warmly answering calls and directing clients to the appropriate Mercedes-Benz representative or department, contributing to an overall experience that exceeds expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promptly and warmly answer phone calls and directing the customer to the appropriate representative or department
- Coordinate and process customer payments
- Filing and organizing
- Coordinate and process all necessary documents for licensing vehicles including demos, trade-ins and sold units
- Previous experience in a high-standard customer service environment preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills with the desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship-building skills
- Strong ability to take initiative, coupled with leadership skills and the ability to take charge of the situation
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and reliability, with the desire to work as an integral member of a team
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- The ability to effectively respond to and meet the needs of a diverse client base
- Computer skills: MS Office (Proficiency), One-Eighty, Outlook (Proficiency)