1. How we use your information
a) Initiate, maintain, and improve our relationship with our customers by providing them with personalization of their experience, including to: remember customer interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with customers; facilitate customer interactions with our employees; track and categorize customer activity and interests on our website and mobile application and to enrich the customer experience in our dealerships, on our website, and through our mobile application;
b) Improve our products and services through quality assurance and improvement activities, including to: develop and promote new products and services; to improve or modify our existing products and services; and to analyze and improve the safety and security of our products and services;
c) Perform analytics, such as to: understand how customers use our website, mobile applications, products and services; generate insights and understand how customers interact with us; and improve our website, mobile applications, products and services.
We may disclose personal information to third parties, including the following:
To business partners, such as: Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc. Daimler AG, and their associated and affiliated companies.
2. Anti-Spam Policy
Our Anti-Spam Policy tolerates only permission-based email. Thus, you may choose to opt-out of our mailing list. By checking the opt-in box when emailing us you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in section 1 of this policy above. All emails sent to you will be compliant with CASL and will include: The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes. The option to unsubscribe from receiving electronic communication from us. Electronic communication you receive from us will include the name and address for the sender as well as who the email is being sent on behalf of Star Motors of Ottawa.
3. Our Affiliation with Mercedes-Benz Canada
I understand that Mercedes-Benz Canada, its affiliates, Star Motors of Ottawa and service providers collect, use and disclose my personal information for the purposes of (i) completing my purchase, finance or lease transaction; (ii) maintaining my warranty and customer service records; (iii) conducting customer service campaigns; (iv) providing me with marketing information; and (v) for legal and other business purposes. I consent to Mercedes-Benz Canada, its affiliates, Star Motors of Ottawa and service providers contacting me by telephone or sending commercial electronic messages to me, including email and text messages. I can contact Mercedes-Benz Canada Customer Relations at 1 (800) 387-0100 or Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc, 98 Vanderhoof Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4G 4C9, and Star Motors of Ottawa if I no longer consent to these uses and to update or correct my personal information.
Accessibility Plan and Policies for Star Motors of Ottawa Limited
This 2014-21 accessibility plan outlines the policies and actions that will put in place to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
Statement of Commitment
Star Motors of Ottawa is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner, and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Accessible Emergency Information
Star Motors of Ottawa is committed to providing the customers and clients with publicly available emergency information in an accessible way upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information when necessary.
Star Motors of Ottawa will provide training to employees, volunteers and other staff members on Ontario’s accessibility laws and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that best suits the duties of employees, volunteers and other staff members.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to ensure employees are provided with the training needed to meet Ontario’s accessible laws by January 1, 2015.
- Review existing employee’s level of training on AODA and ensure they are brought up to date within a realistic period.
- Add AODA training to all new employee’s orientation procedures in an effort to have new employees familiar with AODA policies prior to assuming there new position within the company.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to ensure employees consider the needs of people with disabilities when designing, procuring or acquiring self-service kiosks by January 1, 2014.
- If self-service kiosks are considered, the requirements to meet the needs of persons with disabilities will be discussed at weekly manager’s meetings to ensure compliance.
- Information and communications is committed to meeting the communication needs of people with disabilities. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to make all new websites and content on those sites conform with WCAG 2.0, Level A by January 1, 2014.
- Star Motors of Ottawa will work with its web developer to conform new content to AODA guidelines.
- New web sites will conform to WCAG 2.0.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to make ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015.
- Star Motors of Ottawa will post their processes and policies on access for the disabled on their website and will provide a written copy upon request.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to make sure all publicly available information is made accessible upon request by January 1, 2016.
- AODA policies and procedures will be available on the corporate website for all to review.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to make all websites and content conform with WCAG 2.0, Level AA by January 1, 2021.
- Work with web developer and /or web design company to conform to the new standards.
Star Motors of Ottawa is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired.
- All employment ads will state that people with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment and interview process.
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to develop and put in place a process for developing individual accommodation plans and return-to-work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability.
- Discuss limitation with the individual affected
- Discuss accommodation requirements with appropriate medical professionals
- Make any necessary changes that are cost effective to accommodate the employees with disabilities, permanent or temporary.
We will take the following steps to ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account if is using performance management, career development and redeployment processes.
- Reviews will be based on performance of the job and not focused on the individuals disability
- Promotions will be based on merit and not whether that employee has a disability of limitation
Star Motors of Ottawa will take the following steps to prevent and remove other accessibility barriers identified.
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Yves Laberge at:
Email: [email protected]
Accessible formats of this document are available free upon request at the Star Motors of Ottawa reception desk.